Please click on the link for the March Newsletter.
With all the events that happened last week, I forgot to remind the children that tomorrow is a *FREE* Spirit Day. Students are free to dress up in Valentine’s Day colours (red, pink, white, and purple) if they so wish.
IF your child is performing in an Individual Speech Arts event tomorrow, they will need to wear their full school uniform tomorrow and can change into festive clothing after their performance.
We will spend the morning and some of the afternoon studying Spelling, Mandarin, Library, Music, Social Studies and D.P.A. The rest of the afternoon will be spent handing out valentines and doing activities together!
Just a quick note to remind you of:
- No School on Thursday, February 9 and Friday, February 10, due to Staff attending the Catholic Educators Conference.
- No School on Monday, February 13 due to Family Day.
- Tuesday, February 14 is Valentine’s Day. Students in 2z are welcome to bring their Valentine cards on that day.
Please click on the link to view our February Newsletter.
Tomorrow our school will be hosting its annual Chinese New Year Celebration to mark the start of the Year of the Rooster. Our day begins with Mass hosted by Archbishop Miller in the church at 9:00 a.m. After Mass there will be a celebration in the gymnasium and students will be dismissed around noon. You are welcome to attend tomorrow’s festivities!
Here are some additional reminders for tomorrow:
- planners do not need to be brought to school
- send a snack with your child for recess
- your child can wear Chinese clothing/traditional costume OR a sweater/shirt in red, pink, yellow, gold or royal blue
Happy New Year!
Here is a breakdown of the activities happening in our school tomorrow:
- Pyjama Day – Free. Students are free to wear their pyjamas, bathrobes and slippers. They are also welcome to bring a stuffed animal to school.
- Hot Chocolate Sale – $1/$2. Grade 2 classes will be selling hot chocolate tomorrow to raise money for Chalice. Hot chocolate is $1 and hot chocolate with a bag of toppings will cost $2. 2z students each have a job for tomorrow and are very excited to raise money for a good cause!
- Popcorn and a Movie – $2. Green Club will be hosting another popcorn and movie event at lunch recess. Proceeds will go to the School Garden.
Ms. Munro and I would like to thank you for your generosity in donating to our hot chocolate stand. We have enough supplies now and even received a cash donation. We appreciate you helping us, help others!
Just a reminder that school begins at 8:45 a.m. There is supervision in the gym from 8:30 a.m. so you are welcome to drop your child(ren) off early if you so wish. The second bell rings at 8:50 a.m. and any children who arrive after this time are considered late. Over the past few months there has been an increasing number of late arrivals and it has been really difficult to start our learning on time at 9:00 a.m. (ie: Spelling classes). The students and I try to unpack, check planners, read notices, collect homework and go over the schedule of the day all by 9:00 a.m. When your child comes late it impacts them and the rest of the class, so I kindly ask for your consideration in having your child brought to school on time. It would help things run smoother in the classroom. Thank you!