Please click on the link to view the June Newsletter.
A reminder that Grade 2 students will be going to the Children’s Festival this Wednesday. Here are some reminders for the big event:
- Your child MUST be at school by 8:45 a.m, or we may leave without them.
- As the Children’s Festival is an outside event, children must be dressed for the weather. They should wear their PE strip: sweat suit with t-shirt and shorts under. For a hot sunny day, the children will need sunscreen, a hat and long sleeves. If the day is cold and wet then rain gear, a hat and a hood, and a sweater will be needed. No umbrellas please!
- Please send a bag lunch with your child, as well as a snack and a drink. A bag lunch is ideal because it is lighter and easier to carry than a thermos lunch. Don’t forget to cancel any Nova Food Orders!
- You may want to provide a plastic bag for your child to use for sitting (if it is wet).
- Please do not give your child any money. Students in 2A and 2Z are not allowed to spend any money at the Festival, as there are plenty of free events and activities.
We are looking forward to an exciting day! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me!
As of May 25th at 4:00 p.m., we are REVERTING to the ORIGINAL Singathon schedule for this Saturday’s performance:
Today and tomorrow are the last days to donate for the 2z gift basket raffle prize. Items and/or cash donations can be brought to school by Friday, May 19.
Thank you for your generosity!
Please click on the link to view the May Newsletter.
School and team/club photos will be held on Monday, April 24. Our photo time is tentatively set for 11:30 a.m. Please ensure your child arrives to school dressed in their full school uniform (sweater, white dress shirt, pants/kilt, navy socks, black shoes). We are hopeful that our P.E. class in the afternoon will go ahead, so please send the P.E. uniform (shorts and shirt should suffice) in a bag so that your child may change for P.E. after photos are taken.
- Thursday, April 13 – Noon Dismissal / Holy Thursday
- Friday, April 14 – NO SCHOOL / Good Friday
- Monday, April 17 – NO SCHOOL / Easter Monday
In class, we have been discussing Holy Week and some of the students seemed very interested in attending some of the Masses during this Paschal Triduum. Here is the Mass schedule for St. Francis Xavier Parish for your reference (schedules for other parishes can be found at http://rcav.org/easter-holy-week-services/
Wishing you all a blessed Easter!
Easter and Holy Week Services at St. Francis Xavier Parish
|Holy Thursday||8:00 pm – Mass (Cantonese, Mandarin, English – Followed by Adoration until midnight)|
|Good Friday||2:00 pm – Stations of the Cross
3:00 pm – Passion of Our Lord
7:00 pm – Prayer with Youth and Young Adults
|Holy Saturday||9:00 pm – Easter Vigil (Cantonese, Mandarin, English)|
|Easter Sunday||8:00 am – Mass (Cantonese)
9:30 am – Mass (Cantonese)
11:15 am – Mass (English)
4:30 pm – Mass (Mandarin)
With so many notices with various due dates being sent home, I wanted to make it a little clearer for everyone.
- Bazaar Raffle Tickets due Monday, April 10th
- Yearbook Orders due Wednesday, April 19th
- Mite Boxes (white donation boxes for Seminarians) due Friday, April 21st
On Thursday, April 13th, the entire school will celebrate Holy Thursday with a special event. Students will spend the morning doing various activities before being dismissed at noon. Students will need to bring a snack to eat and bag with their name on it (plastic grocery bag or reusable bag); they will NOT need to bring their backpacks or planners.
Please click on the link for the April Newsletter.
Please click on the link for the March Newsletter.