Please click on the link to view the January Newsletter.
Some general reminders:
- Please have your child wear their Christmas costume to school tomorrow (green top and brown bottoms). The Christmas Play will begin at 11:00 a.m. and dismissal will be at 12:00 p.m.
- School will reopen on Wednesday, January 4th, 2017.
- Children should bring their planners and a recess snack to school tomorrow.
To celebrate Advent, 2z students have been creating a paper chain. The paper chain strips feature Biblical reflections about the Nativity Story. Students will be taking home their partially finished paper chains tomorrow. It is my hope that you can work together towards finishing the paper chains each day and then hang the completed chain somewhere in your home. If you get a chance, the reflections are very moving to read (and reread) and a lovely way to relive the Nativity story throughout the Christmas season. Enjoy the festive decoration!
For Christmas break this year, I am hosting a reading challenge to encourage students to continue reading over the holiday. Participation is completely optional, but students that complete the challenge over the Christmas break can bring in their completed paper for a small prize. The challenge sheet will be in the planner pocket today. Please initial the paper once the challenge is complete! I will accept the challenge sheets during the first week of January (4th to 6th)
PS: Tomorrow, students will be bringing home a card and small gift for you to open at Christmas. They have worked very hard on these items and I hope you enjoy them!
It was very nice to meet with many of you this afternoon. I am glad I had the chance to listen to your comments and concerns.
I am very thankful that I have such a delightful set of parents in my class who are so supportive of their children.
It is a pleasure to be your child’s teacher! I have really enjoyed these first 3 months and am really looking forward to the next term.
Please click on the link to view our December Newsletter.
2z students need to bring a glass jar to school by Monday, December 5th for a top secret project! 😀
The jar must be empty and clean. Please ask your child to help you remove the label and as much as the glue as possible. We will not be needing the lid, so please feel free to reuse or recycle it.
I am passing along a request from Ms. Moffatt, the librarian:
Grade 2 students need to bring a shoebox into school, as they will be working on a project during library time. We ask that you use masking or painter’s tape to label the box so that we can keep track of which students have brought boxes in.
She would like the shoeboxes for Tuesday’s library class if possible. Thank you!
Click on the link to view the November Newsletter.
Today, students will be coming home with a new Reading Log sheet for the month of November. There will be NO READING LOG homework assigned TONIGHT because of Halloween.
November’s Reading Log sheet will look very similar to October’s. Each week, students are to select one of the books they have read during the week. This month, students will need to write about their favourite part in the book AND also explain why this part of the story was their favourite. I will be looking at Reading Logs closely to make sure students are answering both questions in full sentences and with descriptive language.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to write me a note in the planner.
Have a safe and happy Halloween night!
Halloween is on Monday, October 31. The children are excited to dress-up in costumes and eat treats! Here are some reminders about the many events happening on Monday:
- Homework: Reading Logs are due on Monday. I will not be assigning homework on Monday night, so families can spend their evening enjoying Halloween festivities!
- P.E.: Due to the Costume Parade (and the fact that students will be dressed in costume), there will be no P.E. class on Monday.
- Costume Parade: The parade will be in our school gym and begins at 1:15 p.m. Please feel free to attend!
- Halloween for Hunger: With a food bank donation, students can participate in activities in the gymnasium during lunch recess time.