Please click on the link to view our February Newsletter.
Tomorrow our school will be hosting its annual Chinese New Year Celebration to mark the start of the Year of the Rooster. Our day begins with Mass hosted by Archbishop Miller in the church at 9:00 a.m. After Mass there will be a celebration in the gymnasium and students will be dismissed around noon. You are welcome to attend tomorrow’s festivities!
Here are some additional reminders for tomorrow:
- planners do not need to be brought to school
- send a snack with your child for recess
- your child can wear Chinese clothing/traditional costume OR a sweater/shirt in red, pink, yellow, gold or royal blue
Happy New Year!
Here is a breakdown of the activities happening in our school tomorrow:
- Pyjama Day – Free. Students are free to wear their pyjamas, bathrobes and slippers. They are also welcome to bring a stuffed animal to school.
- Hot Chocolate Sale – $1/$2. Grade 2 classes will be selling hot chocolate tomorrow to raise money for Chalice. Hot chocolate is $1 and hot chocolate with a bag of toppings will cost $2. 2z students each have a job for tomorrow and are very excited to raise money for a good cause!
- Popcorn and a Movie – $2. Green Club will be hosting another popcorn and movie event at lunch recess. Proceeds will go to the School Garden.
Ms. Munro and I would like to thank you for your generosity in donating to our hot chocolate stand. We have enough supplies now and even received a cash donation. We appreciate you helping us, help others!
Just a reminder that school begins at 8:45 a.m. There is supervision in the gym from 8:30 a.m. so you are welcome to drop your child(ren) off early if you so wish. The second bell rings at 8:50 a.m. and any children who arrive after this time are considered late. Over the past few months there has been an increasing number of late arrivals and it has been really difficult to start our learning on time at 9:00 a.m. (ie: Spelling classes). The students and I try to unpack, check planners, read notices, collect homework and go over the schedule of the day all by 9:00 a.m. When your child comes late it impacts them and the rest of the class, so I kindly ask for your consideration in having your child brought to school on time. It would help things run smoother in the classroom. Thank you!
Please click on the link to view the January Newsletter.
Some general reminders:
- Please have your child wear their Christmas costume to school tomorrow (green top and brown bottoms). The Christmas Play will begin at 11:00 a.m. and dismissal will be at 12:00 p.m.
- School will reopen on Wednesday, January 4th, 2017.
- Children should bring their planners and a recess snack to school tomorrow.
To celebrate Advent, 2z students have been creating a paper chain. The paper chain strips feature Biblical reflections about the Nativity Story. Students will be taking home their partially finished paper chains tomorrow. It is my hope that you can work together towards finishing the paper chains each day and then hang the completed chain somewhere in your home. If you get a chance, the reflections are very moving to read (and reread) and a lovely way to relive the Nativity story throughout the Christmas season. Enjoy the festive decoration!
For Christmas break this year, I am hosting a reading challenge to encourage students to continue reading over the holiday. Participation is completely optional, but students that complete the challenge over the Christmas break can bring in their completed paper for a small prize. The challenge sheet will be in the planner pocket today. Please initial the paper once the challenge is complete! I will accept the challenge sheets during the first week of January (4th to 6th)
PS: Tomorrow, students will be bringing home a card and small gift for you to open at Christmas. They have worked very hard on these items and I hope you enjoy them!
It was very nice to meet with many of you this afternoon. I am glad I had the chance to listen to your comments and concerns.
I am very thankful that I have such a delightful set of parents in my class who are so supportive of their children.
It is a pleasure to be your child’s teacher! I have really enjoyed these first 3 months and am really looking forward to the next term.
Please click on the link to view our December Newsletter.