Grade 4 SEPTEMBER 2017 Newsletter
Information for Parents of Grade 4 Students
Welcome to Grade 4! We hope your summer was restful and full of fun filled activities and joy.
This class newsletter is intended to provide parents with information regarding classroom rules and expectations as well as schedules and dates of regular and special classroom activities. This is going to be a positive and productive year for the students.
Some scheduling information to assist you to organize your child’s day:
- P.E. – Monday and Wednesday. The P.E. teacher’s name is Mr. Pietrusinski. Running shoes must be worn (sandals or hard-soled shoes are not permitted on the gym floor). Running shoes should not mark the gym floor. Students should bring their P.E. gym strip to school on P.E. days or store it in a bag and keep it in the classroom. Running shoes should be left at school, also. Students are required to change into full school uniform after the P.E. class.
- Library- Tuesday morning: Books need to be at school for exchange or renewal each week. Students will be permitted three books. Ms. Kim will be teaching Library.
- Music- Tuesday and Friday: Mrs. Harris will be teaching music.
- French – Monday and Wednesday. The French teacher’s name is Mr. Balintona.
- Mandarin – Daily: The Mandarin teacher’s name is Mrs. Hsu
(4S – NO MANDARIN on Thursday)
(4L – NO MANDARIN on Friday)
- Mass – Friday at 9:00 a.m.
All students have daily planners or agendas. Students will record homework and unfinished class work daily and will be asking parents to initial agendas every day after nightly reading and/or work is completed. Expect this agenda daily and help students get this routine established as soon as possible. Parents may use the agenda to write brief notes, etc. to the teacher. The teacher will do the same if need be.
A reminder for students who have not registered for the after school Chinese/Interest class: Students will be waiting for you in the playground to be picked up between 3:30 and 4:00 p.m. every day except for Wednesday (2:30-3:00 p.m.). If the weather is inclement after school, there will be an indoor dismissal. Students will be waiting for pick up in their own classroom.
When sending money to school, please be sure it is in a sealed envelope or baggie and includes your child’s full name and what it is for as loose money gets lost.
Classroom rules are:
- Listen carefully.
- Follow directions.
- Work quietly. Do not disturb others who are working.
- Respect others. Be kind with your words and actions.
- Respect school and personal property.
- Work and play safely.
Please be sure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather, especially when the weather is cold and wet. All students go outside for all recess times unless the weather is severe.
Thank you for taking the time to read this newsletter. If you have any questions or require further explanation, please contact the teacher. We are looking forward to working with your child this year.
Mrs. S. Snyder
Miss. S. LeRose
Grade 4 Teachers