We hope that this newsletter finds you all well and enjoying the early days of Fall. As we head into October, we have observed that the grade 4 students are adjusting well to the expectations for the intermediate students. We have worked on morning routines with them, what active listening looks like and how to be prepared for each of their classes with the correct materials. We have also expressed the importance of keeping their personal belongings neat and organized.
In Language Arts we are working on our writing and reading skills. We have talked about “What do good readers and writers do”. When we read our novels, poems or information text we use these 5 skills:
- We ask questions before , during and after we read
- We make connections to the world, to ourselves and to other books
- We visualize (which means we create pictures in our mind)
- We transform our thinking while we read
- We make inferences (which means we look for the clues that the author leaves for us)
A few important dates to add to your calendars:
- October 12th a Science workshop about Light will be presented in the classroom
- October 20th is a Professional Development Day for teachers (no school for students)
- October 27th is Parent Teacher interviews. Please check your appointment time
- October 31st is the Halloween Costume Parade, starting at 1:00pm
- FSA administration will be all month. Please refrain from taking vacation time during this time.
We ask that you please check your child’s agenda and initial it each school night. This will help your child’s organizational skills and will promote good communication between home and the school.
Thank you for your cooperation and participation in your child’s learning.
Mrs. S. Snyder
Miss. S. LeRose
Grade 4 Teachers
Today’s homework is to read for 20-40 mins and have French ready for tomorrow that Mr. B assigned last Wednesday.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving 🙂