Welcome to 2018! Before the break your children wrote a letter to one immediate family member, I hope you enjoyed their kind words. Thank you again for all your prayers, cards, gifts and the Merry Christmas shout outs in the hall! Here are a few reminders and updates for January…
– Speech Arts will only be for primary this year however intermediates are welcome to enter in the individuals competition.
– Professional Development Day Friday January 12th, Spelling will be extended to Monday (Unit 11 due and Spelling Test)
– Many Grade Fives will be away (including ME woohoo!) on January 18th and 25th for a Ski Trip. Spelling will still take place so please study for the that quiz!
– January 17th Open House and New Registration forms distributed
– I am happy to announce that Ms. Sandra Nozet, our Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) head, now gets to work with all the intermediate students this term! Last term she did workshops for all primary students and this term we get her once a week on Mondays. These workshops are a fantastic asset to the Revised Curriculum and they will truly benefit your child.
Three Assignments will be handed out soon.
1) Science- (in class group project) build a “Nervous System Themed” game board.
2) Reflective thinking/Religion/LA- Publish copies of your Reflective Writing pieces to make your own “Bible of Caring for Everyone in Our Common Home”
3) Affirmation Log
-Criteria and deadlines will be released shortly
*Attention* all students that had to leave early for the basketball game today… Thank you for representing SFX! Please watch this clip and take notes (specifically on the parts of the brain explaining their relationships and roles)
Here are some other clips from our reflective writing and class discussions. Enjoy!
Ms. Tomei and I feel refreshed, inspired, and excited for this term! Thank you in advance for the love and support you give your children.
Have a fabulous evening!
Ms. Stephanie Munro