We have started learning another new topic in November. It is “Show & Tell in Mandarin”. The big idea is to integrate some Chinese words we have learned so far and to demonstrate the progress of your oral ability in Mandarin.
All students have received the first page of their learning Schedule & HW. Checklist regarding this topic. You are expected to follow instructions and the learning plan in order to step by step complete your speech of Show & Tell and to get ready for an oral presentation. Below is the learning plan for this month.
1. understand the Basic Format
2. be aware of main Structure (a or b) and practice the title of “新水瓶my new water bottle”, “新球鞋my new runner or 新皮鞋my new black shoes”.
3. study a sample as a reference which maybe related to your life experience.
-Gr. 4：我的新手機 My new cell phone
-Gr.5：我的新墨鏡 My new sunglasses
-Gr.6：我的新背包 My new backpack
-Gr.7：我的新衣服 My new clothing
4. follow the format and start working on a draft of your plan for your show & Tell.
5. prepare for the content of your speech (from 1 to 8 + a greeting in the beginning and conclusion at the end)
6. a mini project (one-page draft paper first before receiving a good copy).
7. rehearsal with group members and formal presentation in front of the class
8. fill in message you hear and complete the information sheets while listening to other students’ presentations.
It will be very helpful to keep track of your child’s learning for this topic and check if he/she follows the schedule and gets his/her work done on time. As you have known, reading practice is also initially important to improve their pronunciation and oral skill for learning Mandarin. Subsequently, I need your cooperation and support being your child’s audience when sometimes he/she needs to practice at home as their oral homework.
In addition, while preparing for the content of their oral presentation, they might need to use a computer and look up some words or phrases through online dictionaries. Thanks for your attention and continuous support.