I wanted to remind you of some events that are happening in our classroom and school tomorrow:
- As per our June Newsletter, Grade Two is celebrating the end of the year with Freezies! We originally scheduled our festivities for the afternoon, but due to other events (see below) the time may be shifted. I’ve had some offers from very generous parents to bring treats to school tomorrow, but this is not necessary as there will be plenty of food and treats for the students to eat tomorrow (again, see below).
- Two weeks ago, S.F.X. staff decided to host a Canada-themed assembly tomorrow in honour of Canada’s 150 Birthday. Students are welcome to wear red and/or white clothing tomorrow instead of their uniform. The school will also be providing a small treat for all students to commemorate the event.
- Last week, Payton’s family offered to treat both Grade Two classes to pizza and cupcakes tomorrow to celebrate Payton’s birthday. Please send healthy snacks and water to school to accompany the lunch. See the image below for the message from Payton’s family if you did not receive an email notification.
A reminder that Grade 2 students will be going to the Children’s Festival this Wednesday. Here are some reminders for the big event:
- Your child MUST be at school by 8:45 a.m, or we may leave without them.
- As the Children’s Festival is an outside event, children must be dressed for the weather. They should wear their PE strip: sweat suit with t-shirt and shorts under. For a hot sunny day, the children will need sunscreen, a hat and long sleeves. If the day is cold and wet then rain gear, a hat and a hood, and a sweater will be needed. No umbrellas please!
- Please send a bag lunch with your child, as well as a snack and a drink. A bag lunch is ideal because it is lighter and easier to carry than a thermos lunch. Don’t forget to cancel any Nova Food Orders!
- You may want to provide a plastic bag for your child to use for sitting (if it is wet).
- Please do not give your child any money. Students in 2A and 2Z are not allowed to spend any money at the Festival, as there are plenty of free events and activities.
We are looking forward to an exciting day! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me!
As of May 25th at 4:00 p.m., we are REVERTING to the ORIGINAL Singathon schedule for this Saturday’s performance:
Drop off – 12:00 p.m. in 2z classroom
Performance – 12:30 p.m.
Pick-up – directly following the performance in 2z classroom
There was a mix up with the schedule our staff got emailed and I was under the impression our time was moved. It was my mistake and I apologize for the inconvenience and any confusion regarding the changes.
I hope that all of you can make the original time. See you on Saturday!
Today and tomorrow are the last days to donate for the 2z gift basket raffle prize. Items and/or cash donations can be brought to school by Friday, May 19.
Thank you for your generosity!
School and team/club photos will be held on Monday, April 24. Our photo time is tentatively set for 11:30 a.m. Please ensure your child arrives to school dressed in their full school uniform (sweater, white dress shirt, pants/kilt, navy socks, black shoes). We are hopeful that our P.E. class in the afternoon will go ahead, so please send the P.E. uniform (shorts and shirt should suffice) in a bag so that your child may change for P.E. after photos are taken.
- Thursday, April 13 – Noon Dismissal / Holy Thursday
- Friday, April 14 – NO SCHOOL / Good Friday
- Monday, April 17 – NO SCHOOL / Easter Monday
In class, we have been discussing Holy Week and some of the students seemed very interested in attending some of the Masses during this Paschal Triduum. Here is the Mass schedule for St. Francis Xavier Parish for your reference (schedules for other parishes can be found at http://rcav.org/easter-holy-week-services/
Wishing you all a blessed Easter!
Easter and Holy Week Services at St. Francis Xavier Parish
||8:00 pm – Mass (Cantonese, Mandarin, English – Followed by Adoration until midnight)
||2:00 pm – Stations of the Cross
3:00 pm – Passion of Our Lord
7:00 pm – Prayer with Youth and Young Adults
||9:00 pm – Easter Vigil (Cantonese, Mandarin, English)
||8:00 am – Mass (Cantonese)
9:30 am – Mass (Cantonese)
11:15 am – Mass (English)
4:30 pm – Mass (Mandarin)
With so many notices with various due dates being sent home, I wanted to make it a little clearer for everyone.
- Bazaar Raffle Tickets due Monday, April 10th
- Yearbook Orders due Wednesday, April 19th
- Mite Boxes (white donation boxes for Seminarians) due Friday, April 21st
On Thursday, April 13th, the entire school will celebrate Holy Thursday with a special event. Students will spend the morning doing various activities before being dismissed at noon. Students will need to bring a snack to eat and bag with their name on it (plastic grocery bag or reusable bag); they will NOT need to bring their backpacks or planners.
Ms. Fountain wanted me to pass along the following information:
2z students will attend the sale during their regular library time, but parents are welcome to come by anytime during school hours. I highly recommend coming by if you are interested in purchasing good quality Catholic resources!
With all the events that happened last week, I forgot to remind the children that tomorrow is a *FREE* Spirit Day. Students are free to dress up in Valentine’s Day colours (red, pink, white, and purple) if they so wish.
IF your child is performing in an Individual Speech Arts event tomorrow, they will need to wear their full school uniform tomorrow and can change into festive clothing after their performance.
We will spend the morning and some of the afternoon studying Spelling, Mandarin, Library, Music, Social Studies and D.P.A. The rest of the afternoon will be spent handing out valentines and doing activities together!
Just a quick note to remind you of:
- No School on Thursday, February 9 and Friday, February 10, due to Staff attending the Catholic Educators Conference.
- No School on Monday, February 13 due to Family Day.
- Tuesday, February 14 is Valentine’s Day. Students in 2z are welcome to bring their Valentine cards on that day.
Wishing you a fun and safe family weekend!