Spring is around the corner!
Grade 4 March 2020 Newsletter
We hope that this newsletter finds you well. It is hard to believe that yet another month has passed by and that term two is almost over. February was an active month for all the students as we practiced hard for our class Choric Speech for the Speech Arts Festival as well all those who participated in the solo poetry and bible readings. We have been crunching the numbers hard for our multiplication unit and used our problem solving skills to answer word problems. We also went to the Aquarium to experience some Biomes first hand and now the students are busy at work making a Biome board game. Grade 4 students also visited the Fraser Discovery Centre to gain knowledge about the Fraser River and its history with trade. They experienced what a trading post would have been life and how unfair trade was between European settlers and First nations peoples.
The season of Lent is underway. It is a time of preparation for the resurrection of Jesus Christ on Easter Sunday. We will be discussing the importance of Lent as a time for prayer, reflection and renewal of our baptismal vows and sacrifice. The students are encouraged to pray the Stations of the Cross and pray for themselves, their families and others in the world.
Upcoming dates to add to your calendars:
- March 5 Snow Shoeing
- March 12 Second Term Reports
- March 13 Noon dismissal – last day before Spring Break
- March 30 School Reopens
- March 30 – April 3 Miss LeRose away for First Aid course
Here are a few suggestions about what to do during the spring break:
- go to your local library and spend some time reading your favourite books
- go for a walk and look for animal habitats at Stanley Park
- visit Science World and look at their exhibitions
- visit the Vancouver Art Gallery and enjoy the Emily Carr exhibits
- have a picnic at your local park (depending on the weather)
- play a sport outside (run, skip, bike, play basketball or soccer)
Please remember to continue signing agendas.
Miss S. LeRose
Miss. C. Comerford
and welcome back Mrs. S. Snyder to 4S!!